Why I do what i do...

Monday, February 14, 2011

Just gettin started...

OK...so here we go.  Just figured out how to start this blog thingy (thanks lil sis)...but I use the word "figured" very loosely.  I am hoping this will improve with time, so please bear with me. 

I guess I'll start with a little background and some of the vision for this blog. 

I am a homeschooling mama of 5 children.  That in itself is alot of background, and current ground.  My oldest just made 7 and the youngest is 9 months at the time of this post. (I hope to get pics up soon...sounds like another job for the sister mentioned above.)

I am a daughter of the King, a princess of sorts.  Nah, not the Disney kind that somehow pops into our heads immediately...but the in-training, fumbling through it, just barely getting a glimpse of what it means to be entrusted with the precious treasures that a daughter receives from her Father kind of princess.  (In case you didn't catch it...I am referring to motherhood, and yes the meaning of the blog name refers to my children...HIS children.)  He has referred to them so many times as just that, and I KNOW that they are my inheritance!! 

I strive daily to be consistent in motherhood, and thus in teaching.  Which in turn leads us to this blog.  I hope to be diligent enough to inspire those moms out there hearing the voice of the Lord saying, "you can do it..." (yes, homeschooling). And I have to start by saying that, in my experience, even if you look at the river and see the sharp bends and rough waters...letting go into the arms of HIS will is far less exhausting than fighting to hold on to yours.  He has equipped you with everything that you need to polish those precious treasures until they are shiny enough to reflect Him.  And when the needs change...so will your abilities.  Remember the good work He promised to complete in you??? (Philippians 1:6) 

Once I learn to post links, I hope to have information about homeschooling laws, inspirational blogs that I have visited, and just a touch of personalization from my family's experiences...the good, the bad, and the ugly.

So, until next time...Maybe tomorrow?!?!

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment